Deliciously warming with a slight kick.
- 1 tbsp olive or neutral oil
- 75g red curry paste
- 500g peeled and chopped pumpkin
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 can coconut milk
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp coconut yoghurt
- a handful coriander, roughly chopped
- a few tablespoons mixed seeds, such as pumpkin
- Heat a splash of oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, allow to soften, and then add the curry paste. Heat for a few minutes to release the flavours and then add the chopped pumpkin and sweet potato. Pour over the coconut milk and then add enough vegetable stock to just cover the vegetables. Simmer until cooked.
- Use a stick blender to puree the soup.
- Serve with a swirl of coconut yoghurt, fresh coriander (or parsley) and a few mixed seeds, such as pumpkin.